Examination Pattern for (Std. 1st to 8th)
1. Scholastic Area: The assessment structure and examination for classes I to VIII have been prepared in view of the provisions of RTE-Act 2009 and comprises of two terms i.e. Term-1 and 2 as explained below:
- Subject Enrichment Activities: These are subject-specific activities aimed at enhancing the understanding and skills of the students. These activities are to be carried out throughout the term however they should be evaluated at the term-end.
- Languages: Aimed at equipping the learners to develop effective listening and speaking skills. The language teachers may devise their own methods and parameters for assessment of the languages. 4.4
- Science: Practical work and activities in Science may be undertaken as suggested by the NCERT Syllabus and Text Books. The following link in CBSE website may be referred to: Science Activity class VIII
- Social Science: Map or the project work may be undertaken as suggested by the NCERT Syllabus and Text Book.
2. Co-Scholastic Activities (Classes I to VIII): For the holistic development of the student, co-curricular activities in the following areas be carried out in CBSE affiliated schools by the teachers and will be graded term-wise on a 3-point grading scale (A=Outstanding, B=Very Good and C=Fair).The aspect of regularity, sincere participation, output and teamwork be the generic criteria for grading in the following co-scholastic activities:
- Work Education – Work Education refers to skill-based activities resulting in goods or services useful to the community
- Art Education (Visual & Performing Art)
- Health and Physical Education (Sports/Martial Arts/Yoga/NCC etc.)
- Discipline (Classes I to VIII): The students will also be assessed for the discipline which will be based on the factors like attendance, sincerity, behaviour, values, tidiness, respectfulness for rules and regulations, attitude towards society, nation and others. Grading on Discipline will be done term-wise on a 3-point grading scale (A=Outstanding, B=Very Good and C=Fair)